Churchwood Design is a family run kitchen and furniture design and manufacturing business based in the delightful setting of Tideswell, Derbyshire.
When many high end kitchen brands seem to come and go, it's reassuring to know that Churchwood have stood the test of time having been in business for some 30 years.
Now with the second generation of the Ambler family involved with the business, their reputation sees them fulfil commissions not only within their immediate locality but right across the UK, with many satisfied customers homes gracing the pages of the UK's leading home interest magazines. See 'What Our Customers & the Press Say'.
So satisfied are customers that Churchwood receive high amounts of repeat business and recommendations.
A truly bespoke manufacturing service
Many high end brands talk of a 'bespoke service’, although their flexibility extends to only a choice of finishes, handles and worktops within pre-existing furniture ranges... often with a very high price tag!
At Churchwood there are no 'off the peg' brochure ranges. Each and every commission is designed from scratch taking into account the homeowners tastes, lifestyle requirements and the architectural proportions of their home.
Traditional cabinet making techniques combined with beautiful natural timbers and hand-painted finishes ensures that every commission is fit for generations of use.
This kind of service must be expensive?
Surprisingly not! Churchwood do not subscribe to the 'brand hype' associated with so many high profile furniture companies. They believe in offering real substance behind their brand in terms of specification and service, but at a realistic price.
Over the last year, Churchwood have installed kitchens ranging in price from £12,000 to £50,000, with the average cost of a kitchen working out at around £20,000. These figures are for complete kitchens including appliances, worktops and fitting. A free, no obligation design and quotation are part of the service.
Market leading, solid wood construction
- Solid timber drawer boxes featuring dovetail joints and high-capacity soft-close drawer runners.
- Solid timber cabinets, sturdy enough to support the heaviest of worktops.
- Extra thick, solid timber doors for stability and durability, hung in a hardwood door frame.
- Traditional brass butt hinges, recessed into the door for additional support, and to allow the door to open a full 180 degrees; just as a door in a frame should be hung!
- Designed and manufactured with bespoke flexibility. There are no ‘off the peg’ brochure ranges here; instead, each and every commission is constructed to suit individual architectural proportions, tastes and requirements.
- All timbers are sourced from specially managed, sustainable sources.
You won't find any chipboard in the construction of a Churchwood Kitchen!
Find out more
Watch the video of how we work, discover more about the quality of craftsmanship and see for yourself how the installation process works...